Thanks To OC Live Magazine
, the promotion of using your local florist is creeping into the spot light. With Mother's Day one month away here are the top 10 floral tips when ordering flowers for Mother's Day.
1. Get full value for your dollar. By comparing prices and arrangements with local florists, you can be sure to get products that equal the value dollar!
2. Make sure you get what you order. If you do not receive what you were promised, contact the florist immediately and politely explain you specific situation. Most of the time local florists will happily deal with and fix the problem.
3. When you choose a special arrangement, you should get that specific arrangement. The arrangement may have been placed in the wrong container or have been mixed up with another order. Your local florist will most likely will fix the problem.
4. Call a local florist so that you can find out what flowers are available for the season. Some flowers are seasonal and real florists know this. So when you are unsure about this, be sure to contact a local florist for accurate answers.
5. Make sure all the fees are not paying a broker/middleman to forward your order to a local florist. The first lesson of savvy flower buying is to know with whom you deal and where they're located.
6. If you request a special delivery time, a local florist will always let you know if the specific delivery time is possible or not. Order gatherers may say their delivery will arrive as scheduled, but they really have no idea if this is possible until the local flower shop receives the order.
7. If you happen to like a special arrangement advertised by FTD
, 1800flowers, or an order gatherer just call your local florist. Your local florist may already fill orders made through the above titles (Teleflora FTD
And 1800flowers). By placing flower orders directly with a local florist, they can save you the broker fee and the delivery fee will not come out of the value of the flowers.
8. Call a local florist to make sure a special container is available. If you contact your local florist by phone, they will make sure a special container, accessory, etc. is available. This helps the disappointment of later finding out it was not available but substituted with something similar.
9. If you are sending flowers out of the area... Call a local florist in your area to make sure the order was processed and check for no hidden fees. You cannot depend on florists you have not personally used. so it is best to get a reference.
10. Bypass the wire services. Consumers usually understand the value of placing orders direct with local flower shops that will design and deliver their bouquets. Recently, the web has opened the doors of local florists to consumers all over the world. Through bypassing the wire services and sticking with local florists, shoppers can easily avoid the affiliates pretending to be located in their towns.
Reference from OC
Live Magazine April 2007 Article written by Allison Williams.Mother's Day Top 10 Floral Tips OC Live Magazine
Labels: Local Florist, Mother's Day Flowers, Order Flowers, Ordering Floral Tips